Session 1: 9:00 am -10:30 am
"Preparing for Mediation”
Kevin K. Fitzharris, is a registered civil mediator who will speak on Pre-mediation issues, What happens at mediation? and Post-mediation concerns. Kevin is a member of The National Academy of Distinguished Neutrals (NADN). The National Academy of Distinguished Neutrals is a professional association whose membership consists of Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) professionals distinguished by their hands-on experience in the fields of civil and commercial conflict resolution. Membership is by invitation only and all Academy members have been thoroughly reviewed and found to meet stringent practice standards. Members are amongst the most in-demand neutrals in their respective states, as selected and approved by their peers, litigators, and judges.
Session 2: 10:45 am -12:15 pm
1. What raises red flags when evaluating a claim?
2. Factors considered by an adjuster?
3. Calculating settlement values.
4. What an adjuster expects when working with claimant's legal representative.
5. What are claimant's responsibilities.
6. How can litigation be avoided.
7. How attorneys can improve their demand packages to get better and faster offers of settlement, and avoid having to file suit.
Session 3: 1:15 pm - 2:45 pm
“Confidentiality & Ethics”
This session offers vignettes and discussions on what you and your attorney cannot do, or at least cannot do ethically. Topics include How do I do what is right yet keep my job? Who is responsible for Me? Confidentiality 101, What do Attorneys do Wrong? Can I Fix what they do Wrong? and Sooner or later it all gets real...